photo 7242d338-72f5-4eec-9baa-661952cdd306.png
H E L L O ! My name is Naomi Shiek (pronounced CHIC).
I've been very fortunate to have my own small independent atelier called Woodland Papercuts. This is my private blog exploring my favorite things in beauty & design.

L E T S__B E__F R I E N D S !
 photo button-instagram_zps318d609b.png  photo button-facebook.png  photo button-flickr.png  photo button-pinterest.png

Saturday 17 September 2011

My birthday photoshoot


Yesterday my friend Tali, who's a professional photographer and artist invited me for cake. One thing led to another, we had my birthday photoshoot which we've been postponing since the date. So yeah, this is how I look aged 26 years. Wow, did not think I'd make it out of my awkward childhood intact. I'm still kind of gangly, skinny with a less-than-perfect posture, but that's what I have Tali's photographs for. Look what a difference a year makes! This is a portrait of a different Naomi from 25 years old me. For one thing, I've already started ticking off goals I've set myself. At last, the birthday photoshoot is now officially a tradition!

Looking at the photos, they came out a bit bridal, though it certainly wasn't on our minds taking the picture. Tali really liked the play of white on white, said it reminded her of my papercuts. We did a series in color in different outfits, and a series in black and white in just this ensemble. It was fun! We attempted to use props, like a marching drum, but I kept cracking up so it was a no-go. Too bad. Next photoshoot I want to use a giant red balloon. And wear shoes. We'll see.

In the picture:
Crinoline | Swank Underpinning
Necklace | Wild Thing
Deer Terrarium Ring | Woodland Belle
Tops | private collection


__________________________________________________

Image Credit | portrait of me by Tali Yalonetzki
(excerpt from my work blog, Woodland Papercuts)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Website content property of Naomi Shiek.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig