photo 7242d338-72f5-4eec-9baa-661952cdd306.png
H E L L O ! My name is Naomi Shiek (pronounced CHIC).
I've been very fortunate to have my own small independent atelier called Woodland Papercuts. This is my private blog exploring my favorite things in beauty & design.

L E T S__B E__F R I E N D S !
 photo button-instagram_zps318d609b.png  photo button-facebook.png  photo button-flickr.png  photo button-pinterest.png

Tuesday 2 October 2012

apartment peeks | Finally Hanged


It's no secret that I'm not a do-er. I plan, a lot. I talk the talk, but I don't walk the walk. Ergo, a lot of home projects are put on a list, and stay there. It took me over a year to hang up my picture shelf, and over two to put up all my framed art (and boy, was that a saga!). But I'm happy to share that after months of indecision, I finally drilled into my wall and put up my jewelry stand!

I never had a jewelry box or a proper place to keep, let alone display, my jewelry. I had a mishmash of ideas since first turning my thoughts to it last year. I even collected china cups in the hopes of superglueing a Mad Hatter-chic jewelry stand. In the end I decided I didn't have the desk space for a stand, so the next step was finding a good wall display. Clearly I put too much thought into it, because I was torn for months over pretty, pretty terrariums versus hanging ceramic bowls. Not to mention the absolute hell it was to get these awesome deer head hooks. But I won. 



Then I tried to photograph them. I mentioned I'm a terrible photographer, right? They look much better in real life, of course. Sharp, for one. 

IN PHOTO 
Deer Head coat hook | Zoo | assorted online vendors
Scandinavian tiered plant hanger | AM Radio 
Jewelry | private collection



__________________________________________________

(excerpt from my work blog, Woodland Papercuts)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Website content property of Naomi Shiek.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig