photo 7242d338-72f5-4eec-9baa-661952cdd306.png
H E L L O ! My name is Naomi Shiek (pronounced CHIC).
I've been very fortunate to have my own small independent atelier called Woodland Papercuts. This is my private blog exploring my favorite things in beauty & design.

L E T S__B E__F R I E N D S !
 photo button-instagram_zps318d609b.png  photo button-facebook.png  photo button-flickr.png  photo button-pinterest.png

Monday 23 December 2013

Artful instagram

INSTAGRAM is a treasure trove of creatives sharing their work & life with the world. Illustrators, painters, and multi-disciplinary amateurs, there's no end to the inspiration shared and found on that social network. Below are a few of my favorites: 

@INLANDER | A new discovery of mine, Joanne Nam completely blows me away! I can't describe what I feel when I see her drawings & paintings, I just know that I can't look away. They're mysterious, dark & fascinating, but also gentle & powerful. With studio shots and in-progress videos peppered in, this account is an absolute must to follow. 

@JENNYMEILIHOVE | Jenny is an AMAZING children's books illustrator in Israel. Her colorful illustrations & cute sculptures throw me back to my childhood, she clearly has fun with the texts she's given and her personal work (she's super prolific) is even sweeter! Her etsy shop gives only a glimpse into her life mantra, one that I try to follow daily: Be Happy Now.

@ELFANDIARY | An illustrator from Indonesia, Elfandiary draws beautifully delicate women that I'm simply obsessed with. I'm sad he doesn't have a print shop, but the video clips showcasing his skillful drawing more than make up for it! 

@TEAGANWH | Teagan was the first account I started following. I love the nature photos and in progress shots she shares, and I'm a proud owner of several shirts with her prints, art prints, and an iphone case from her Society6 shop. Through her feed and her tips I learned of the Light Pad and finally purchased my first large format Epson printer. I'll be forever in her debt! 

__________________________________________________

(excerpt from my work blog, Woodland Papercuts)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Website content property of Naomi Shiek.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig