photo 7242d338-72f5-4eec-9baa-661952cdd306.png
H E L L O ! My name is Naomi Shiek (pronounced CHIC).
I've been very fortunate to have my own small independent atelier called Woodland Papercuts. This is my private blog exploring my favorite things in beauty & design.

L E T S__B E__F R I E N D S !
 photo button-instagram_zps318d609b.png  photo button-facebook.png  photo button-flickr.png  photo button-pinterest.png

Monday 18 December 2017

in the studio | playlist

Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I play compilation videos of all the Golden Buzzers on the Got Talent shows, and other great surprise auditions (I'm looking at you Susan Boyle!). These acts make me smile and pull me out of the slump, if only for a few minutes - I mean, who can resist smiling when watching Light Balance's awesome dance routine?

When I need to dream up new designs but struggle with concentration, I go for a tried and true music playlist I have, that never fails to get my creative juices flowing. And yes, I sing along!


My playlist is a bit of a mess and lately I jump forward to the quiet songs, but if you want to have a look I go through four separate stages in the playlist:

First, I start with the T-Mobile flash dance and the T-Mobile Welcome Back flash song to get in a positive feel-good-about-the-world mood.

I'm a true believer of life-changing songs, so I love watching successful Britain's Got Talent auditions, like Janet Devlin, Out of the Blue (they're amazing!), and Calum Scott.

Onwards to the professionals for upbeat songs you surely remember from when they were stuck in your head - because I gotta get the manic energy out before I can concentrate, and you haven't had a workout until you danced to Moves Like Jagger, Single Ladies and Shake It Off in quick succession.

Then come the songs I listen to in order to get into the mood for designing new papercut ketubot. Creedence Clearwater Revival's Have You Ever Seen Rain, Ed Shereen's Thinking Out Loud (GOLD!), from Passenger's When We Were Young (they've never made a song that I don't like) to the incomparable Adele's When We Were Young - the fragile, bittersweet songs get me every time.

And if you were just introduced to any new music - YOU'RE WELCOME.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Website content property of Naomi Shiek.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig